Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Young song writer sings out against violence against women

My name is Bernice Bangura.  I am  in my  20s. I live at 9 Hill Cut
Road. I used to attend Government Model Sec School. I came to EducAid  due to
lack of financial support from my family. They would not help me go to school.  I suppose it is not a priority because I am a girl but I really want to go to school.
I am originally from Bo, a town in the South East of Sierra Leone where all my family members are residing. I'm presently staying with my elder brother's friend. 
My hobby is music.

This is the song I wrote against violence against women:

All the students in Lumley learned the song.  It has been part of our campaign to ensure our schools are all Human Rights Friendly environments.  We are seeking accreditation as Human Rights Friendly Schools from Amnesty International.

If you are interested in knowing more about EducAid's work with vulnerable young Sierra Leoneans, please go to www.educaid.org.uk and www.sierraleonegirls@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment